Monday, December 13, 2010

Peer Lesson: Rainbow Fish Watercolors


This project was done in two steps. The first step was to create the background. We were told to either use warm or cool colors, but whatever we picked the fish had to be the opposite. For my project I chose to use cool colors for the background. I used a white crayon to make the paper with bubbles and seaweed so when I painted over them you could see them. For the second step we were given a blank cutout of the fish to decorate. I chose to do scales on my and then I colored them with watercolor crayons and light brushed over them with water to blend them. The face, tail and fin were done with regular watercolors. I specifically chose to make the scales rainbow colors based on the project name and I chose red watercolor because I thought it contrasted well against the blue and green background.
Extension Activity:
I think a fun extension activity for this project would be to use colored goldfish crackers to help teach math and colored patterns. You can also use this to help teach young children about sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment