Monday, December 13, 2010

Peer Lesson: Monochromatic Painting


For this project we were asked to pick a shape. We were to draw a minimum of eight shapes overlapping on the paper. Then we were to pick one color of paint along with black and white. We were to paint the shapes using our starter color and creating tints and shades using the white and black paint. I chose to use triangles for my project because when they overlap the create diamonds. I chose green as my starter color because it is my favorite. I used three tints and three shades and I tried to keep everything balanced.
Extension Activity:
With this project I would try to infuse it into a math lesson focusing on shapes. For the younger children you can help them make shape puzzles. For the older children you can start by having them measure shapes and obviously progress into geometry.

No comments:

Post a Comment